Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Girls biologically pre-disposed to pink

As the father of a daughter, I've always fought the notion that little girls had to wear pink. Every time my family asked about the kinds of clothes she needed, I told them to "buy, yellow, green, purple, anything -- anything but pink!"
But in spite of it all, my daughter loves the very color I'd been hoping she would avoid. In fact, as soon as she learned how to talk, she proudly declared it was her favorite.

According to a recent study, there was nothing I could do about it. Scientists say that, based on the way humans have evolved, girls prefer pink and boys prefer blue and that's all there is to it. Says one researcher: "There are biological reasons for [women] liking reddish things."

So ladies, next time you're choosing between a cute new pink dress and one of another color, ask yourself: "Do I really prefer the pink one, or is this just my biological pre-disposition talking?"

by: jonathon morgan

No comments: